Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 53: I Don’t See Any Need To Change Out Of Pajamas.

Missing church is not looked highly upon here. It seems that the times you miss a Sunday service require an understandable emergency, and even then people will ask you about it to verify. Biana and Adrie were not feeling very good this morning, Biana getting over a cold and Adrie having a sore back, so we thought it best not to go to church. I know we will get asked about it by everyone we work with tomorrow morning--maybe we should think of some good stories to make excuses out of.

 

            Since we didn’t leave the flat this morning I spent time with God reading through the Sermon on the Mount, thinking through the Lord’s Prayer particularly, and talking to him about what’s been going on. Sometimes I forget about God’s role when I get distracted with life events, so it’s good for me to have a quiet time every once in a while to refocus. I eventually picked up The Glass Castle to see where the Walls childhood was going and ended up finishing the entire book by lunchtime. I just love memoirs! For lunchtime I put together some potato quesadillas out of our leftovers, which turned out to be pretty tasty, and watched a movie with Adrie that was on tv.

 

            Adrie and I wandered down to the Clinic in the afternoon to check up on e-mails and do some computer work. I noticed I had three new messages in my inbox and ended up crying after opening each one. The first was Kori and Doug’s wedding invitation, which made me incredibly happy, followed by a couple pictures of Gavin he took for me last night. That one made me cry the hardest since he looks like such a grown-up with his beard--plus a big sister needs to spend time with her brother! The last was a detailed update on life from Matthew Wallace. I was so excited to read and see all that was going on (in Fresno and Sydney) and have been blessed to have family and friends who want to keep me updated when I am far from home, even if just for a few weeks.

 

            Baba cooked a good dinner and after eating Adrie and I enjoyed our second dance party/sing-a-long in her room. We concluded our time with “Part of Your World” complete with the princess-voice and synchronized twirling. Biana told us that Father of the Bride had just come on in the living room so the three of us drank hot cocoa and watched that. With all the wedding plans and recent engagements going on in my friend’s lives it made the movie seem a little more real than before! Hooray for love! NEPA has been a little bipolar today so we decided on going to bed at a time when there was no power but just recently had all the lights switch on again. I’ll turn off the lights once i am done typing this; electricity or not I am going to sleep!

No comments: