Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 55: And Cait, Even With All That Has Happened, I Still Love My Life!

It was a bright and beautiful morning and I accidentally slept through my alarm. No worries, I woke up thirty minutes later than usual but still had enough time to get ready. I was extra bubbly, listening to music while I put my somewhat frizzy hair up, and walked down to the Clinic ready to go. Thankfully I was needed in the pharmacy this morning so I counted pills and helped Grace plan which hairstyle she wants for her December wedding. Ibuprofin and wedding magazines: who knew that working with medicine could be so much fun?

 

            Biana had asked Helen earlier if she would be willing to share her testimony with me to bring back to Fresno First. She happily agreed and met me before lunchtime on the planters in front of the Clinic. Before speaking she sold me a few yards of fabric (that woman knows how to sweet talk!) for a skirt and started into her story. It was absolutely amazing. She is a strong woman in spirit and faith; and her testimony is such an encouragement looking at the darkness surrounding HIV. I jotted down notes, gave her a hug as she went back to work with Doctor Isilowe, and wandered down to the flat for some needed lunch.

 

            After filing up on mashed potatoes and veggies Adrie and I had fun with photo booth. There is something so entertaining about taking pictures on the computer! We walked back down to Faith Alive and she stopped by Blessing’s shop to ask if she could be interviewed next for our little project. I wrote part of my article in Biana’s office and took time for e-mailing. I read a particularly difficult message and had an equally difficult phone call before falling apart back in the office. Thankfully I live with two amazing women who I was able to talk with, pray with, and find joy with. God is in control of situations, not me, and it is good to remember that from time to time. Still, it took a lot of energy out of the rest of my day.

 

            Back home the three of us enjoyed dinner (Baba force-fed the last of the pineapple to Adrie!) and decided that we were in desperate need of stress relief. We had a chat while our food settled and then pulled out the cardio pilates video where we stretched and kicked our way through questions. I took a long bucket bath afterwards, called home, and talked to Adrie before collapsing from the day. Sleep is good, and God is better.

 

            I’m on the up and up...

No comments: